Avocent HMX 6000 High Performance KVM Systems
The Avocent HMX 6000 Series is an IP-based high performance KVM extender that can be part of a fully-matrixed KVM solution when an HMX Advanced manager is added to the solution. This enables you to locate your critical computing hardware in a secure and temperature controlled environment away from the user work station, while maintaining a pixel perfect desktop experience.
USB 2.0 with Class Control
- Enables connection of USB devices from mice and keyboards through to graphics tablets, jog shuttles, joysticks and 3D explorers, alongside mass storage devices.Redundant Network Operation
- The units are able to detect whether the network is in operation and can automatically change to its second network port if it detects a failure.High Video Performance over VNC
- The VNC server can be accessed by a standard web browser but for superior graphical performance, a Real VNC viewer should be used.
- View 2560 x 1600 or two 1920 x 1200 sessions
- Real VNC server with RFB 3.3 support
- Up to 256bit AES and RSA 2048 encryption
- VM support and RS232 for power control
- Supports 16 users simultaneously
- Out of band BIOS level accessIdeal for Control Rooms
- Plug and play
- 100m extension distance on single Catx; unlimited using standard IP network
- 500m to 10km over fiber
- Single link or single head configuration
- Resolutions up to 2560x1600 @60hz
- USB mass storage supported plus keyboard, mouse tablet and touch screen
- Redundant network operation
- Truly unlimited extension distances - Extension distance is not limited to a single 100 meter cable length - If you need toextend further, simply add a 1GbE network switch to achieve even greater distances.The units are also fitted with SFP cages to accept fiber optic transceivers which enable much greater extension distances.
- Single CATx cable or fiber for greater flexibility - This significant asset is what gives you the freedom to use the full variety of cable links that you typically find within an average structured cabling system. The result is that you can achieve reliable links, regardless of whether the cables are CAT5e, CAT6 or CAT7.
- Real time control with perfect digital video - Using a spatially-lossless encoding system, with 1:1 pixel mapping. The digitalvideo you receive is the same as the digital video leaving the remote computer.
- Security - For applications where security is of high importance, the system has the ability to disable the use of non-HID devices, meaning there is no need to physically block USB ports to prevent the use of mass storage devices.
Brochures and Data Sheets
- Avocent HMX 5000/6000 Series System Overview Data Sheet
- Government Application Brief: Access to Multiple-Classification Environments at Any Distance
- Avocent Solutions for the Broadcast Control Room
- Rapid Response, Rapid Recovery: Technology Solutions to Enhance Energy Management
- Data Center Infrastructure Solutions-Channel Products Catalog
- Avocent RMK-81 (RMK for HMX 5000-6000) End of Life
- Vertiv Avocent USB6000 Data Sheet